Saturday, June 18, 2011

The measure of a man


As men, we are always trying to make sure our lives are adequate. Many men pursue this sense of adequacy through the pursuit of money and things, others seek fulfillment in business success and by obtaining power, some seek adequacy through the admiration of others, and there are many other ways offered by this world by which a man might be sure that his life is adequate and lasts after he is long gone.

I recently attended the funeral of a relative, Hugh Elliott, who entered my life at a critical point for me. I was struggling to make my way through Bible College and he graciously gave me a job and made sure I had enough hours to take care of my family. It was a great privilege for me to have daily interaction with him and his family for a couple of years. After graduation, I moved on and had little interaction with him. Even though we seldom saw each other for many years I always appreciated him and what he did for me. Not only, did he make a way for me to take care of my family, but he also shared some of his wisdom with me and I carry those nuggets today. 

                  
   For more ideas to help boost your marriage, order our book, I Still Do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to read my blog and make a comment. Please remember to be respectful of other who might be reading this...make sure your comment is helpful to others. Thank you again.